Whitney had a long standing problem with drug abuse and in the end this was crucial in her death.
Today, April 5, 2012, the final Coroner's report has been made public. According to this report the bathroom where Whitney died held equipment utilised for drug use. SkyNews has reported that "detectives found white powdery substances and a spoon with white residue, as well as a rolled-up piece of paper and a small mirror - all items often used to take cocaine. The report does not specifically identify the substances found in the room as cocaine, although tests later revealed the drug was in Houston's body when she died."
Whitney had been feeling a little under the weather the day she died. She had complained that her throat was sore. She was due to attend a pre-grammy award ceremony party and took a warmth bath to ease her tired body. The Coroner cited "heart disease and cocaine use as contributing factors to Whitney's death.Toxicology results also showed Ms Houston had other drugs in her system, including marijuana, Xanax, a drug used to treat anxiety disorders, and muscle relaxant Flexeril. The singer also had build-up of plaque in her arteries that can restrict blood flow. Winter has said the condition is common in drug users"
During an interview in 2002 Whitney had said of herself, "The biggest devil is me. I'm either my best friend or my worst enemy."
Whitney's death has been ruled accidental. For sure it was a tragedy. RIP