Earlier Saturday evening in the UK, TV news said the family of David Haines, the Scottish man threatened to be the next ISIS beheading victim, were concerned that their pleas were unacknowledged. In the last hours of Saturday a video began circulating online which purports to be footage of the killing of Haines.
Although the official line is the footage is still being checked many sources are reporting it is real and shows the beheading of Mr Haines.
The Guardian reports that "Site, an intelligence group, which was the first to report US journalist Steven Sotloff’s beheading last month, confirmed the video’s release.
This video is titled a message to America's Allies.
It follows the now all too familiar sinister path of previous videos of the execution of US journalists James Foley and Steven Soltoff.
A masked man carries out the beheading. The video ends with a threat against another British hostage, Alan Henning.
It is becoming an all too familiar scenario.
The fighters' message this time is to UK Pm David Cameron and it says "Haines “has to pay the price for your promise” to arm Kurdish peshmerga fighters against Isis".
PM Cameron was quick to respond on social media, tweeting “The murder of David Haines is an act of pure evil. My heart goes out to his family who have shown extraordinary courage and fortitude,” adding: “We will do everything in our power to hunt down these murderers and ensure they face justice, however long it takes.”
The UK and USA do not bow to terrorists. They do not pay ransoms or operate a bartering system.
Other countries have quietly paid ransoms in order to free their citizens but that just helps the terror organisation get stronger.
But if it was your loved one facing such a grisly fate wouldn't you want someone, anyone, to step in and save him or her.
At time of writing the victims have all been men.
Mr Haines, 44, was an aid worker in Syria just three days in 2013 before he was captured and handed over to ISIS militants. Was he handed over recently or in 2013? - that question raises many more about ISIS.
Opinion: It makes me wonder if ISIS were already a growing threat when the west was looking at arming Syrian rebels in 2013 in order to oust President Bashar al Assad.
In the summer of 2013 Saudi death row inmates were sent to fight Assad or face execution. That put potentially lethal individuals in Syria. Yet the west continues to play the game with Saudi Arabia - Prince Charles looks the fool but why is he in Saudi we wrote in February 2014.
Sir Walter Scott sure had it right when he said 'what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive'.
Latest: Cameron will chair a meeting of COBRA Sunday in the UK.
The Daily Mirror reports "The British charity worker [David Haines] had been on a three-day tour of Syrian refugee camps in March last year when his party decided to take a shortcut along a farm road. But the decision proved costly, as IS gunmen appeared and forced them to stop".
So IS gunmen were operating in March 2013? What else are we not being told?